Main design features:
• Short bearing distance facilitates the precise rotor alignment.
• Single-walled, uncooled hot-gas casings whose waterless design minimizes the corrosion of the turbine casing (no washing in HFO operation) and dissipation of process heat. As a result, no cooling water system is used and the casings are light.
• Special V-profile clamps design of the compressor side promises their fast and easy (dis)assembly.
• One piece compressor wheel with backward-raked blades milled from high-tensile aluminium alloy material.
• Radial-flow turbine wheel friction-welded to the rotor shaft which is quite short achieving high rigidity and low mass.
• Inboard plain bearings with floating bearing bushes and a thrust bearing on the compressor side (except of MAN NR 34/S which is fitted with a locating bearing on the compressor side), lubricated by the engine lubrication oil using the same oil circuit. The specific design promises a long service life (25.000+ hours) and simplifies maintenance because of the easy access to both turbine and compressor wheels and the inexistence of oil pumps, filters and coolers.
• Operational flexibility supporting both heavy and diesel fuel oil engine operation because of the high thermal tolerance (admissible exhaust gases of 720oC to the turbine side).
• Compact, light and plain design facilitating the attachment to the engine and maintenance because of the few main components and promising increased operational reliability.
• Cost-effective supporting a wide output range with low operating costs and long service life.
MAN NR series turbochargers:
- NR 12/S
- NR 14/S
- NR 17/S
- NR 20/S
- NR 24/S
- NR 29/S
- NR 34/S
- NR 15/R
- NR 20/R
- NR 24/R
- NR 26/R